Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Autism Empowerment

I'd like to take a moment to say thanks to my good friends Karen and John Krejcha of Autism Empowerment. When I made the decision earlier this year to independently publish Secret of the Songshell, they were the first people that I informed. It was extremely important to me that my characters represented accurate portrayals of people on the autism spectrum, and although I had my son as an example to work from, I asked Karen and John to review a draft of the book and provide any feedback they had regarding the characters and the story in general. It wasn't until I had their blessing that I had the confidence to proceed.

Both of Karen and John's sons are on the spectrum, as is Karen herself. I was fortunate enough to meet them long before Secret of the Songshell was even a thought, as our kids went to school together. Through Autism Empowerment, their educational and charitable non-profit organization, they are doing wonderful things to raise awareness about the autism spectrum and to service the local, national and international autism community. I am very happy and grateful for the opportunity to help support them, and for their continued support of my little fantasy book series.

Thank you, Karen and John.

(P.S. Book Two is up to 7300 words!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Brain for all of your support of Autism Empowerment.

    God has blessed us almost six years ago when we first met and our sons were first together in the same classroom. The boys have built their friendship over the years and we happy that we have become close friends as well.

    Thank you so much for all that you do and you have our 100% support.

    Your Friend, John Krejcha

    ReplyDelete