Thursday, March 24, 2016

Major Book Three Status Update

Last week I promised you a "major Book Three status update," so here it is: it's done!
Well, the first draft of it is, anyway (insert disappointed cat face here). Seems that as I was pursuing my strategy of full-speed-ahead writing-without-stopping, I ended up breezing through big sections of the story without really fleshing them out, and as a result, I found myself at the end of my outline at around 50,000 words. There are some presently hilarious parts in Acts II and III where Joel and company find themselves in a huge jam one moment, and then - presto! - they're bailed out of it faster than you can say "deus ex machina."

The good news, though, is that completing this step represents major progress. No, really, it does! Because this draft, as incomplete as it is, has now made certain things clear enough that I've been able to go back and expand my original outline into full-blown detailed chapter summaries - a lot of which sounds much better than what I've already written. So now, armed with that, I can go back and (deep breath) start the joyous process of rewriting and revision. Still on track for a 2017 release...

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment