Thursday, January 28, 2021

Volume Six Status Update

With Volume Five now officially out in the world, I have turned my full attention (or, at least, the part of my attention devoted to writing stuff) to - gasp - Volume Six.
That's right, work on the next installment of the Joel Suzuki series - which will, of course, be "The Indigo Book" (official subtitle to be announced later) - is well underway. I had actually started on it earlier, while Volume Five was in editing, and as of October 1st of last year I was at 5500 words, or about 22 pages. So far, there's been the usual amount of false starts and early rewrites, but since I now have five books - and a bunch of other projects - under my belt, I know that this is just standard operating procedure and that I just need to keep plugging away. As a result, I am now up to (drum roll)...

22,000 words, or about 88 pages!

(Some of which will get thrown away and/or rewritten, but like I said - standard operating procedure. Either way, it's progress, folks.)

To give you a little advance taste of what it's about, suffice it to say that while Volume Five took place mostly on Earth, this book will not only return the series to its otherworldly origins, it will expand it greatly, delving into multiple timelines and alternate realities. Because, of course, it's the penultimate chapter in the main seven-book arc (Volumes Eight through Eleven - remember when I announced them? - will be "post-adventures"), so naturally it needs to escalate things pretty dramatically.

Anyway, it's coming along quite nicely so far, and I'm having a lot of fun writing it, which is always a good sign. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment