Thursday, July 27, 2023

Volume Seven Launch Party Recap (Where Do We Go From Here?)

The launch party and book signing for Joel Suzuki, Volume Seven: Vision of the Virtuoso rocked!
Big thanks to Leah and the staff at Kazoodles Toy Store for hosting us, and to everyone who came out.

So now that Volume Seven is officially out in the world, what is next for Joel and company? I know I've talked about Volume Eight in this post from January and potential Volumes Nine through Eleven in this post from 2017, but are those books really going to be written?

Honestly, I'm still not sure.

Part of me feels like (mild spoiler alert) Joel and Felicity's story came to such a perfect conclusion (what that conclusion entails, you'll have to read the books to find out) that there just isn't anywhere else to go.

But then again, maybe there is.

Like I said in January, I have notes for what I think could be potential ideas for Volumes Eight through Eleven, and right now it's looking like the frontrunners are to make Volumes Eight (the "infrared book") and Nine (the "ultraviolet book") short story anthologies containing "bonus fan material" that would fill in some of the gaps in the main series, with some of the stories from Joel's point of view (after all, his name would still be in the title), while others would be from others' POV (nothing new, the main series has already done that a lot). Then Volume Ten (the "black book") and Eleven (the "white book") would be a duology telling a new, original story set some time in the future. But we shall see!

In the meantime, I'll be turning my attention to other projects, some of which you already know about, like Second Player Score's new album 4-D and the film project Hold My Beer, and others that are still in the gestation stage. As always, stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment