Thursday, August 24, 2023

Volume Nine Status Update

That's right, I said Volume Nine!
In this previous post from last month recapping the Volume Seven launch party, I said something along the lines of Volumes Eight and Nine possibly being short story anthologies featuring "bonus fan material" that would fill in gaps from the main series. Also, in this other previous post from January, I said that I was considering taking a break, maybe even a very long one, before writing any more Joel-related material.

As it turned out, I did not take a break. Not a long one, anyway. Instead, I ended up writing the first draft of a 9,000-word (approximately 36 pages) short story told from Felicity's point of view that fleshes out some events of Volume Seven. You don't have to know what happens in this story to enjoy and understand Volume Seven, but I think that for those who have finished Seven, you would find this bonus material to be interesting and entertaining (I hope). And since it is related to Volume Seven, it will probably, eventually find its way into Volume Nine, which, as the "ultraviolet book," will expand on the story contained in the "violet book," i.e., Volume Seven. Hope that all made nerdy sense.

Anyway, with that done, I will put it away for a while before starting work on revisions (at which point I'm sure it will expand to probably around 10-11,000 words), and in the meantime, I'll turn my attention back to other projects...or, I might work on an idea I had for Volume Eight, which, as the "infrared book," will expand on the stories contained in the "red book," i.e., Volume One. We shall see.

Speaking of other projects, tomorrow will bring the launch of another new track off Second Player Score's new album, 4-D! This one is called "This Won't Be So Easy After All," which is basically a warning not to underestimate your opponents (like when the Mariners played the Royals recently). Here are the lyrics:

Thought I had it in the bag
But I suppose it was too soon to brag
Because the moment that I felt so smart
Was when it all began to fall apart

I tried to walk before I knew how to crawl
I tried to run but then I hit the wall
I could've won if I hadn't dropped the ball
Guess this won't be so easy after all

Feeling overconfident
I underestimated your intent
I overlooked the things that you can do
So now I've bitten more than I can chew

I tried to walk before I knew how to crawl
I tried to run but then I hit the wall
I could've won if I hadn't dropped the ball
Guess this won't be so easy after all

Assuming this would be a snap
You wandered right into my trap
Expecting just a piece of cake
You found out what it would really take

You tried to walk before you knew how to crawl
You tried to run but then you hit the wall
You had my number, I won't return your call
Guess this won't be so easy after all

Check it out on all the usual streaming platforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment