Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quick Hits

The Spring Home & Garden Show was a big success! We sold a bunch of books, met a lot of cool people, and had a great time. Much mahalos to my friend and fellow author Roslyn McFarland for organizing an awesome event and being an expert cat-herder. Thanks also goes to NIWA, Tina from Jacobsen's Books, O'Loughlin Trade Shows, and everyone who bought a book and supported us throughout the weekend.


Video Game Update: the game I'm currently playing is Xenoblade Chronicles, a sprawling epic sci-fi/fantasy adventure along the lines of Zelda, etc. The gameplay is actually rather simplistic - one day I realized that the whole thing could basically be boiled down to: run, fight, cutscene, repeat. You have to spend a lot of time finding your way around and leveling up, and at one point I even nearly gave up because I couldn't get past a certain bunch of enemies.
All that being said, it really is a pretty cool game. The landscape is enormous, to put it mildly. If you wanted to, you could roam around and explore for hours - in real world time. The storyline is solid and full of plot twists and intrigue. Also, if you like the constant process of upgrading your characters' gear (which I do), you won't be disappointed. I'm not done with it yet but I think I may be getting close, after which point I'll probably be talking about it again and ranking it among my favorites.

I also tried Flappy Bird at my son's request. That game is hard. My high score is 3. His is 91.
Parenting highlight of the week:

Me (noticing that Cindy Williams from "Laverne & Shirley" is on the Nickelodeon show "Sam & Cat"): Hey, that lady looks familiar

My 10-Year Old Daughter: (continues doing homework)

Me (noticing that Penny Marshall is in the next scene): Hey, it's Laverne! They're doing a Laverne & Shirley reunion thing! On Sam & Cat! That is so awesome. Several different levels of awesome, in fact.

Daughter: (glances at me, continues doing homework)

Me: Those ladies were on this show called Laverne & Shirley, like, thirty years ago or something. It was kind of like Sam & Cat, which is why this is so cool!

Daughter: Do we have any more apple juice?


AND... SCENE.

No comments:

Post a Comment