Thursday, March 19, 2015

Talkin' With Joel: Most Annoying Zelda Mini-Games (#6 - The STAR Game)

In case you missed reading about it somewhere (like, perhaps, on the Facebook page for The Spectraland Saga), Netflix announced that they are developing a live-action TV series based on The Legend of Zelda. Very exciting news, indeed! So, in light of that announcement, I figured that it's time to continue our discussion of the Most Annoying Zelda Mini-Games with our special guest, Joel Suzuki.

B: Hi, Joel!
J: Um, you know that the news about that announcement came out forty-one days ago, right?
B: Wow, has it been that long? Time sure flies around here.
J:
B: Are you as excited about it as I am?
J: Well, it sounds cool, but according to an article I read, it may not even happen. And if it does, it probably won't be for a long time. And even then, no one is sure if it will be any good or not.
B: Hmm, those are all valid points. But, I mean...live action Zelda!
J:
B: Okay, anyway, let's get on with it!

#6 - The STAR Game (from Twilight Princess)
B: The first round of this game is actually not that hard. I was able to get it done in a few tries.
J: Um, okay.
B: The second round is much more annoying, though. More orbs, no platforms...plus, the orbs move around each time you play, so it's not like there's some kind of pattern that you can learn and get better at with practice.
J: True.
B: How many tries did it take you?
J: Two.
B: Wow, nice. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point.
J: You know you don't have to hit the orbs exactly, right?
B: Yeah, it's just...I dunno, I guess the ticking clock thing freaks me out a little bit, so then I rush and mess up and aim at the wrong spot and stuff.
J: The clock freaks me out, too, but I just try to relax and not think about it.
B: That's some good advice. Man, you're full of wisdom today!
J: Are you being sarcastic?
B: No, I'm not.
J: Okay, just checking. That sounded like something Felicity would say.
B: It did, didn't it? Yeah, sometimes she can be -
F: Hey, I heard someone say my name.
B: Oh - hey, Felicity!
F: 'Sup, man. Hey, Joel.
J: Hello.
F: What are you guys doing?
B: Talking about the most annoying mini-games in the Zelda series.
F: Nerds.
B: What about you, what are you doing here?
F: Just passing through. Looking for a soda, actually.
B: We're out. Someone needs to do a store run.
F: Ugh, fine, whatever.
B: Well, that's all the time we have for today. See you all next time for #5!
F: Who are you talking to?

No comments:

Post a Comment