Thursday, May 4, 2017

Star Wars Day Roundtable

Happy May the 4th! To celebrate this great holiday, I decided to get together with Joel and Felicity and have a little Star Wars roundtable discussion. Their friend from Spectraland, Fireflower, just so happened to be in town as well, so I invited her to join us. Without further ado!
Felicity: How long is this going to take?
Brian: I don't know. Do you need to be somewhere?
F: Not really, I'm just bored.
B: We haven't even started yet.
Fireflower: Excuse me, but...
B: Yes?
FF: What, exactly, is this "Star Wars" you talk about?
B: Joel, you wanna field that one?
Joel: Um, well...Star Wars is...it's a whole bunch of things, actually. I'm not really sure where to start.
F: Here, I got it. (tapping on phone) Wikipedia says that it's "an American epic space opera franchise, centered on a film series created by George Lucas."
FF: Thank you, but...I am still not sure what any of that means.
F: It's a story. You know, like that one about the most powerful Wavemaker who ever lived, that sort of thing.
FF: Ah, I see.
B: All right, so how about we start with everyone ranking their favorite episodes.
J: Like, from most to least favorite?
B: Yeah.
J: And are we including Episode VII?
B: Sure.
J: What about Rogue One?
B: Okay.
F: Why don't you go first, since this is your idea.
B: Fine. Four, Five, Seven, Rogue, Six, Three, Two, One. Now, you.
F: Joel, you go. I need to grab a soda.
J: Um, okay. Five, Four, Rogue, Seven, Three, Six, Two, One.
B: Three over Six, eh? Why?
J: The duels at the end of Three were pretty cool. Plus, Ewoks are kind of annoying.
F: (Coming back with soda in one hand, offers Joel a high-five with the other) Well said, dude.
J: (Returning the high-five) Thanks.
B: All right, Felicity, your turn.
F: Hmm...I like One the best. So awesome.
J: What?
F: Dude, I'm kidding. It's Five, Rogue, Three, Seven, Four, and then the rest just sort of blend together.
B: You seem to like all the ones with the least happy endings.
F: (Takes sip of soda) Of course.
FF: This is all truly fascinating, but I really should be returning to Spectraland. I think several months may have passed by over there during my time here...
F: That's a good point, I'll go with you.
J: Um, I probably should, too.
B: But we just got started!
F: And we covered a lot of ground. Later, man.
B: No, wait, I -
FF: (Plays transfer incantation on wavebow. Within seconds, she, Joel, and Felicity all vanish in a cloud of Aura energy.)

Ugh, why can't I ever get them to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time? Well, anyway, I guess that's it for the Star Wars roundtable. Have a great rest of the day, and tune in next week for a Volume Four status update!

No comments:

Post a Comment