Thursday, March 7, 2019

Joel, Felicity, and Fireflower Get Ready To See Captain Marvel

FADE IN:

INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE - NIGHT

A young woman with shoulder-length blond hair wearing a Captain Marvel costume is here. This is FELICITY. She is inspecting her image in a mirror. A few moments later, a woman with green skin and pointy ears walks into the room. This is FIREFLOWER.
F: Hey, nice Skrull get-up.
FF: It was not very difficult to achieve, seeing as how I already had the proper skin tone. I just had to make a few minor adjustments.
F: And that's where your shapeshifting cast came in handy.
FF: Correct.
F: It's perfect. Skrulls are shapeshifters too, you know?
FF: Yes, I became aware of that fact during my research for this film we about to view.
F: I'm so stoked. I've been looking forward to this for a while.
FF: Your costume is very impressive as well.
F: It'd better be. I put a ton of work into it. Not to mention racking up a huge bill on Brian's credit card for all the materials.

At that moment, a young man wearing a full-body cat costume walks in. This is JOEL.

J: Hello.
F (laughing hysterically): Oh, dude! That is hilarious.
J: This costume is very warm. I'm not sure I can make it through the whole movie with it on.
F: Oh, but you have to. I mean, what's Carol Danvers without her trusty Flerken sidekick?
FF: I thought the Flerken was a female.
F: Sure, yeah, but who cares, right? No law against guys dressing up as girl characters or vice versa. She also has a different name in the comics, so, you know, whatever.
J: I'm serious. I might get heatstroke.
F: You won't, trust me. I'll buy you an ice-cold diet soda or something.
J: Um, okay.

Then a middle-aged man in a regular T-shirt and jeans enters, carrying a mug of green tea. This is BRIAN.

B: Wow, you guys look great.
J: Thanks.
FF: Are you sure you do not want to view the motion picture with us?
B: Oh, I do. Like, really badly. I just don't have the time tonight.
F: Is this about your "projects," or whatever?
B: Yeah. The band and I are hard at work on the stuff I talked about in last week's post. It's kind of the priority right now. But I'm sure I'll catch the movie soon. It's on my required to-do list, along with Avengers: Endgame next month.
FF: Perhaps you can join us for that particular event.
B: Hopefully.
F: You'll need a costume.
B: Yeah, you know, I was going to start working on one - like maybe Ant-Man or Doctor Strange - but then all my cosplay supply purchases got declined and I discovered that my credit card had been maxed out. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?
F: About your credit card being maxed out?
B: Yeah.
F: Nope.

Joel and Fireflower exchange glances. Brian furrows his brow. Felicity grins.

F: All right, let's get going. Don't want to be late.
B: Have fun, you guys.
F: We will.

Felicity, Joel, and Fireflower exit the room. Brian takes a sip of his tea. Then a dark-haired, teenage goth girl walks in. This is DAMIENNE (from the spec script for Nobody's Hero II.)

D: Yo.
B: Oh, hey. So, were you able to find out who's been using my credit card?
D: Yeup.
B: Okay, who is it?
D: You're not gonna like this.

The camera pans in on Brian, and then on Damienne as they both give each other the "soap-opera cliffhanger stare." Finally, Damienne opens her mouth to say something and then we

SMASH CUT TO BLACK

No comments:

Post a Comment