Thursday, May 17, 2018

Volume Four Status Update: Ahead Of Schedule?

About six months ago, I told you that the first draft of Volume Four was done.
Volume Four??
Then, about three-and-a-half months ago, I told you that I had just received the draft back from my editor, and that I would be starting the revision process.

Now, I'm happy to announce that the revision process is more-or-less complete. I incorporated as much of my editor's feedback as I could, and I also did a couple of read-throughs to make sure that everything is working smoothly.

On top of that, I also have a cover! Well, mostly, anyway. Jill Colbert, the talented artist who designed and illustrated the covers for the first three Joel Suzuki volumes, has already finished her part (see the sneak peek above) - now it's up to me to finalize the back cover blurb, of which I already have a pretty solid draft.

So, at this point, I'm just waiting for some feedback from a few other sources, and then I can ship the manuscript back to my editor for a final line edit (okay, maybe after one more read-through).

Needless to say, this is all very exciting. The original release date for Volume Four was April 2019, but now I'm contemplating pushing that up a bit, possibly in time for this year's holiday season. But we shall see. There's always a chance that the line edit (and my ensuing revisions) will take longer than expected, but in any case, right now everything is comfortably on or ahead of schedule.

If you want to get an exclusive sneak preview of the text of Volume Four, all you have to do is sign up for the Joel Suzuki fan club, aka The Wavemaker Order, here - once you've done that, the file is easily found in the archives. And if you haven't read Volumes One through Three yet, you can pick them up at any one of the sources listed here, here, and here.

If you've already done all of that, you are super awesome and I thank you. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment