Thursday, August 8, 2013

Greetings From Spectraland: Day Four

All right, I have a confession to make. Ready? Here goes:

I didn't actually go to Spectraland this week. I know, I know, you're all surprised and shocked and stuff. What really happened was that I cleared my schedule of most of my usual obligations, parked myself and my computer in a secret location, and just wrote. And wrote. And wrote. Non-stop. All day. Every day (except last night, when I had band practice).


It's been an interesting experience so far. Book Two's word count has jumped up quite a bit (over 26k now), while my sanity has taken...well, let's just say that I'm not sure I'll be repeating this exercise again in the near future. I now have a lot of respect (even more than before) for those hardy souls who can pull off NaNoWriMo with any measure of success.

Anyway, that's why I was doing the whole "Greetings From Spectraland" thing - after just one day of doing this, it really felt like I was on vacation in that alternate world. I did end up returning a day earlier than planned when, after about a thousand more words this morning, I realized that my brain was just completely and totally fried (I actually misspelled "Joel" twice - not kidding).

But never fear - after I take a little break to catch my breath (and attend to personal hygiene), I will definitely be back. Probably tomorrow. Because who can stay away from a place like Spectraland for long?

No comments:

Post a Comment