Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Spectraland Soundtrack

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post about video games is that in all of the games I listed, music is a very important part of the overall experience. The games' producers did a great job of adding music in a very cinematic fashion - memorable, soaring main themes; tense and dramatic passages during battle sequences; etc. I like some of the soundtracks so much that I even listen to them while I write.
On a related topic, every so often I think about (and get asked in interviews) what kind of music would be on the soundtrack for a Secret of the Songshell movie. The answer is that I've always envisioned a mix of rock and classical, all with a sort of epic, tribal feel. The general score might sound something like this.

As far as specific songs go, some examples would include We Sing In Time by The Lonely Forest, and Incantation and Dance by John Barnes Chance (a song I used to play with my high school band). I would also love to have an iconic, instantly recognizable main theme in the tradition of Star Wars and Harry Potter (hello John Williams!) And, of course, a few tracks by these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment