Thursday, April 29, 2021

Ten Years of Joel Suzuki

Ten years ago, on this date (well, actually, April 30th, but close enough), I typed "The End" on the first draft of a manuscript called "Secret of the Songshell." Well, actually, I didn't really type "The End," but that was when I had finished it, at any rate.
The ensuing decade has been quite a fun and wild ride. A little over a year after I didn't really type "The End," Secret of the Songshell, Book One of the Spectraland Saga was published on July 17, 2012. This was followed by an audiobook version the following year, a second book (Mystery of the Moonfire) in 2015, a name change from the Spectraland Saga to the Joel Suzuki series, and then three more books - Legend of the Loudstone in 2017, Fable of the Fatewave in 2018, and Ballad of the Bluerock in 2021.

Because of these books, I've had the chance to meet so many wonderful people, and I've had many great experiences, from speaking to schools and autism groups to being a panelist at conferences and everything in between. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me and the series along the way - you're awesome, and, while the list is long, you know who you are.

As for the next ten years? Well, if all goes according to plan, we should see Volume Six in 2023, Volume Seven in 2025, and, quite possibly, Volumes Eight, Nine, and Ten in 2027, 2029, and 2031, respectively (Volume Eleven, the final one, will have to wait for a year during the following decade - meaning the ten years after 2021-2031. Hopefully 2033). Of course, you know what they say about plans, so we'll just have to see how it goes. But I promise that no matter what happens, I will continue to do my absolute best to keep telling Joel's story. Here's to more great years ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment