Thursday, February 23, 2023

Volume Seven Status Update: Can't Blog, Reading

As mentioned in the previous Volume Seven Status Update from a month ago, I am in the final polishing stage, which is where I read the manuscript over and over again until my eyes bleed before turning it in for a line edit.
I also said that March 7 was the date when I am scheduled to do said turn-in. And since I've been averaging one full read-through per week, that gives me just about enough time for, well, one more full-read-through. And maybe an extra day or so for proofing.

I'm feeling pretty good about where things are at. I've plugged plot holes and generally tightened up the overall story while also trimming excess words and shortening run-on sentences. Still, though, I want to devote most of my focus and energy to completing these final checks, so I'm just going to stop this blog post here.

P.S. That is, after telling you that the cover art is also coming along nicely!

P.P.S. Don't be surprised if next week's blog post is just a cat haiku

No comments:

Post a Comment