Thursday, February 2, 2023

Talking To My TV

If you've been reading this blog for some time, then you know that I occasionally (often) talk to my TV. Usually it's to say things like "what the (heck)??" when plot twists occur or "good job, show," when the story beats line up with my expectations and make me feel stuff. Recently, however, I've caught myself saying other things, like:
Netflix: Hey
Me: What
Netflix: You know we have Season 2 of Demon Slayer now
Me: I know, you keep showing me the thumbnail
Netflix: So why aren't you watching it
Me: Because Hulu's had it for a long time now, along with Season 3
Netflix: You have Hulu?
Me: Yeah
Netflix: Oh
Me: Don't be jealous
Netflix: I'm not
Me: Then why did you cancel Warrior Nun
Netflix: uhh

(While watching the new season of The Legend of Vox Machina on Amazon Prime)
Me: This episode is just like Avatar! The bending one, not the Pandora movies
Amazon Prime: Right?
Me: And Keyleth's dad is even named Korrin, which is kind of like Korra
Amazon Prime: You're so observant
Me: And the show is called "The Legend of...", like "The Legend of Korra"
Amazon Prime: Wow
Me: You're just humoring me, aren't you?
Amazon Prime: uhh

(While watching the new season of The Bad Batch on Disney+)
Me: This episode is just like Breath of the Wild!
Disney+: Um, no it's not
Me: Yes, it is! With the traps and the large mecha creature that shoots a laser beam from its mouth and everything
Disney+: It's a totally original idea, I assure you
Me: I think somebody was like, "hey, I want to do an homage to Breath of the Wild" and so they wrote this episode
Disney+: We are Star Wars. People copy us, not the other way around
Me: Whatever

(While watching Ant-Man and the Wasp)
Boots (sitting in front of the TV): Why are you watching this again
Me: Because I want to get prepared for the new Ant-Man movie next month
Boots: Haven't you seen this movie like, a million times already
Me: No. Now please move
Boots: No
Me: C'mon, man
Boots: Feed me
Me: It's not feeding time, and you know it
Boots: Pay attention to me. Not this movie
Me: I pay attention to you all the time
Boots: No you don't
Me: Yes I do
Boot: No you don't
Me (sigh): Fine

Yes, I also talk to my cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment