Thursday, September 25, 2014

Talkin' With Joel: Most Annoying Zelda Mini-Games (#8 - Horseback Archery Range)

Howzit everyone! In honor of tomorrow's release of Hyrule Warriors, today we're continuing our review and discussion of what I consider to be the most annoying mini-games from the Legend of Zelda series. And, of course, with us is our very special guest, Joel Suzuki of The Spectraland Saga!

B: Hey, Joel. So, are you excited about Hyrule Warriors?
J: Sure, yeah. Although technically, it's already been released - it came out in Japan on August 14th, in Europe on September 19th, and in Australia on September 20th.
B: Right! Okay, so, let's get on with it...

#8 - Horseback Archery Range (from Ocarina of Time)
B: My problem with this one - and a lot of the other shooting-type games - is that I have a really hard time lining up my aim quickly and accurately with the analog stick.
J: Okay.
B: And even when I get it lined up - like when I'm shooting the pots, for instance - for some reason it gets offline again and then everything gets all messed up. I think I tried this game forty or fifty times before I just gave up and moved on.
J: What was your high score?
B: I dunno, like 500 or something. What did you get?
J: 2000.
B: Whoa - isn't that a perfect score?
J: I think so, yeah.
B: That's just...amazing. I have no idea how you did that.
J: Me neither. But it actually wasn't that hard. Took me just a few tries.
B: You're kidding.
J: No.
B: Wow.
J: It's just a pattern, and knowing where your arrows are going to hit depending on where you're aiming.
B: Sounds like the Sight at work once again!
J: Huh?
B: Well, that's all the time we have for today. Don't forget - Hyrule Warriors, coming out tomorrow.
J: In North America.
B: I can't wait. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment