Thursday, June 16, 2016

Phineas and Ferb Vs. Gravity Falls

Sup. Felicity Smith here, once again filling in for that dude who usually writes this thing. Apparently, it's the last day of school today and Father's Day is this coming Sunday, so he wanted to take the day off or whatever. Anyway, when I asked him what I should write about, he said: "Anything. Gotta run." So I decided that since summer is starting, I would pull Joel in and have a debate with him about which TV series taking place over the course of a hypothetical summer is the best one: Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls.
F: Hey, Joel.
J: Um, hello.
F: Okay, so - Phineas and Ferb versus Gravity Falls. Go.
J: Uh, wait...what?
F: Which one is better, and why.
J: Well, I dunno, I like them both. They're both good.
F: Dude, you're doing this wrong.
J:
F: All right, fine, I'll go. Gravity Falls - better theme song.
J: What? No, I mean, yeah, it's good, but the Phineas and Ferb song is pretty cool, too. Bowling For Soup performed it.
F: I already scored the theme song point. You need to come up with something else.
J: Oh, okay. Let's see, uh...Phineas and Ferb had more episodes than Gravity Falls. 222 to 40.
F: I'm not sure that really counts, especially since they did a lot of 11-minute ones, but whatever, I'll give that to you. Okay, so, Gravity Falls had all those ciphers and easter eggs and stuff. I know you like that kind of thing.
J: True. Um...Phineas and Ferb - good catch phrases.
F: "What'cha doin'?"
J: "Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!"
F: "But - but - but-"
J: "Hey, where's Perry?"
F: Ahem. All right, I got off track there. Gravity Falls - more quotable lines.
J: "That's what they all say."
F: "Soos, these are children."
J: "And then he killed your father!"
F: All right, all right, this could go on forever. Your turn.
J: Well, uh, Phineas and Ferb did those Star Wars and Marvel episodes.
F: Yeah, okay, I guess. Gravity Falls had those references to itself, like when Soos said "I predicted that, like, a year ago." Both shows were pretty meta.
J: And really good too. So can we stop this now?
F: Yeah, I think we filled up enough space. It's not like that dude is paying us by the word or anything.
J: He's paying us?
F: No, I was just kidding.
J: Oh.
F: Later everyone.
J: Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment