Thursday, February 14, 2019

Snowpocalypse In Seattle

Last Saturday my band Second Player Score played our first-ever show in snowy Seattle at the Skylark Cafe with our friends SixTwoSeven. (actually, it was Friday, but I was going for the "S" alliteration there).
We had a great time and were fortunate enough to make it up there and back despite the onset of WINTERSTORM SNOWMAGGEDON 2019 OMG!!!11!!1! Also on the bill were a couple of other awesome bands: Girl George and Marble.

I really like Seattle, so it was nice to finally be able to get up there to perform some music (usually my trips up north are of a Mariners baseball- or Seahawks football-viewing nature). As readers of the Joel Suzuki series know, Joel himself lives in Seattle, having moved there from Hawaii when he was ten, and Felicity lives in nearby Bellevue after having moved there from good ol' Vancouver, WA.

The romantic comedy spec script involving baseball, anime, philosophy, and magic that I wrote last fall is also set in Seattle.

Anyway, I hope to be able to get back up there sometime soon (but preferably without having to drive through a foot of frozen precipitation)!

No comments:

Post a Comment