Thursday, August 8, 2019

On This Day In History

Today we'll take a look back at what I was doing on this date in history (well, not this exact date, but close to it) over the last seven years via the blog posts that I'd written at the time:

Can you believe I've been writing Anime Roundup posts for well over a year now? When I wrote this particular post, I'd just finished watching Sword Art Online, Soul Eater, and One Punch Man, three of my all-time favorites.


Ah, it was not so long ago that I actually had time to go the movies. This was, of course, before the Muse of Screenwriting visited me in June of 2018, chained me to my desk, and commanded me to write, write, and write some more until my fingers bled and my eyes popped out of their sockets.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - Pokemon Go - Um, I Mean, Wilsonville Fun In The Park & Ash Street Saloon Recap

Man, this was a busy day! Or a recap of a busy day, anyway. Apparently I spent all morning and afternoon in the sun catching Pokemon - I mean, selling books - and then all night playing a show with my band (and catching more Pokemon). I'm amused by the fact that at this time, our second album hadn't even been released yet.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - Quickie Status Updates

Wow. When I wrote this particular post, Book Two and Album Two were both still in the development phase, and Gravity Falls was still putting out new episodes. Ah, nostalgia...

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Random Thoughts: Doctor Who & Video Game Update

Peter Capaldi had just started his run as the Doctor, and Hyrule Warriors hadn't even come out yet.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 - Greetings From Spectraland: Day Four

At this time, I was on summer vacation in Spectraland. Or, actually, deep in writing mode, which is kind of the same thing. Following several days of nonstop writing, the first draft of Book Two stood at 26,000 words.

Monday, August 6, 2012 - My Weekend

I had spent the weekend prior to this at the always-awesome Willamette Writers Conference, which - we've come full circle here - I attended this past weekend as well!

And thus ends our look back in time. Funny how so much has changed while so much has remained the same. Wonder what next August will have in store? Anyone have a time machine I can borrow?*

* yes, I will keep asking that question until I finally get an affirmative response

No comments:

Post a Comment