Thursday, January 2, 2020

Spam Curry (And A Volume Five Status Update)

Another in what could possibly become an ongoing series of Spam-recipe posts (or not). For my Spicy Asian Fusion Garlic Spam-Ghetti recipe, go here.
One thing about watching anime is that, for some reason, whenever the characters are eating something, no matter what it is, it always looks so good. Whether it's a ten-course gourmet meal or a burger with fries, it never fails to make me hungry, even if I've just eaten.

Curry, being a popular dish in Japan, is no exception. After watching the Curry of Life episodes of Naruto (as well as numerous other examples), I just had to make some curry of my own. However, not wanting to take the time to make it from scratch, I simply went out and picked up a packet of S&B Japanese-style curry sauce for $2.99 from my neighborhood Fred Meyer. It fit the bill nicely enough, especially after I added the Hawaiian staple of diced, fried Spam to the mix and poured it all over a plate of steaming hot white rice.

So I guess this doesn't really qualify as a recipe as such, since really, all you have to do is follow the directions on the curry packet along with knowing how to cook rice (and fry Spam). Basically, it was just an excuse for me to talk about anime and post a picture of my dinner. I would recommend trying the whole watch-the-show-and-then-eat-the-food thing sometime, though - it's actually pretty fun and satisfying.

Oh, and the draft of Joel Suzuki, Volume Five has been sent off to my editor for a first round, story-level edit. It should come back before the end of the month, at which point the real work (i.e., rewriting and revising) will begin.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment