Thursday, May 13, 2021

MCU Roundtable Discussion

Hey, Felicity here. Since we're in a short lull between MCU projects, I figured I'd get the gang together to talk about the stuff that's come out since the end of Phase Three as well as all the rest of the Phase Four shows and movies that are on the schedule, especially since Marvel recently came out with a little trailer for all of it. Oh, and if you care, there will be spoilers.
Felicity: Hey, an uncopyrighted Phase Four picture. Nice touch. The Impact font is kinda cheesy, though.
Brian: Oh, so now, you're organizing these discussions!
Felicity: What do you mean by that?
Brian: I mean, the last time, you didn't seem like you wanted to be there.
Felicity: I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, Phase Four. Go.
Joel: I like Wanda and Sam's new costumes.
Felicity: They are pretty epic.
Fireflower: I am still confused by all the talk of a "cameo" in WandaVision.
Felicity: Let's not get into that.
Joel: I heard that they really did want to have Doctor Strange at the end, but then the idea got nixed.
Felicity: I just wanted Evan Peters to be the actual Quicksilver from the Fox universe.
Brian: Right? Multiverse stuff is fun.
Joel: I'm sure there will be a lot of that in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
Fireflower: Personally, I am looking forward to seeing more Skrulls.
Felicity: Oh yeah - shapeshifting green people. Right up your alley.
Joel: They'll probably be in The Marvels. And Secret Invasion.
Brian: Do you guys think Sharon Carter was a Skrull?
Felicity: I actually hope not. I like her as a bad guy.
Fireflower: There are so many things coming out. It is almost overwhelming.
Brian: Are you guys looking forward to any of them in particular?
Felicity: All of them.
Joel: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings looks pretty cool.
Felicity: Yeah, Simu Liu is hot. But, you know, for once I'd like to see an action film with an Asian lead who doesn't know martial arts.
Brian: Well, if Secret of the Songshell gets adapted into a movie, then that would be one.
Felicity: Secret of the what-what?
Joel: What is that?
Brian: Never mind.
Fireflower: I know what the Songshell is. Are you saying that there might be a movie about it?
Brian: Let's move on. So, I believe that all together, there are eleven movies and thirteen television series in Phase Four, including a one-off Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special. That certainly is a lot.
Felicity: Fine with me.
Fireflower: It is amazing how they can produce such a high volume of motion picture stories in a relatively short amount of time.
Joel: I have all their release dates memorized. Want me to list them?
Felicity: No.
Joel: It won't take that long. Five of them are "TBA."
Felicity: Just suffice it to say that we'll have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years or so. Anyway, let's wrap this up. I'm getting hungry.
Brian: I'm looking forward to the next thing coming up - Loki, on June 11.
Brian: Oh, right. Anyway, that show is supposed to feature the Time Variance Authority, and I love anything featuring time cops and time travel and alternate realities and such. Like in Volumes Four and Six of the Joel Suzuki series.
Joel: The what series?
Felicity: Joel Suzuki series?
Fireflower: There is a series about Joel?
Brian: Ahem. Again, I've said too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment