Thursday, January 8, 2015

Talkin' With Joel: Most Annoying Zelda Mini-Games (#7 - Honey and Darling's Shop)

On the heels of the announcement that Nintendo is offering a Skull Kid figurine with pre-orders of Majora's Mask 3DS, today we'll be continuing our ongoing review and discussion of what, in my opinion, are the most annoying mini-games from the Legend of Zelda series. Joining us as always is our very special guest, Joel Suzuki of The Spectraland Saga.

B: Hello, Joel! How were your holidays?
J: Good.
B: Did you do anything fun?
J: Yeah.
B: Like what?
J: Saw some movies.
B: Oh, I did too! Which ones did you see?
J: The Hobbit and Mockingjay Part One.
B: Those were the exact same ones that I saw! I wonder if we were in the same theaters?
J:
B: So, what did you think of them?
J: "Them" meaning what?
B: The movies.
J: They were good.
B: I thought so, too. Anyway, here we go with #7!

#7 - Honey and Darling's Shop (from Majora's Mask)
B: Okay, so this is actually three mini-games, all in the same location, and all equally annoying, if you ask me: the Bombchu Gallery, the Basket Bomb, and Target Shooting.
J: Why do you think they are annoying?
B: Because Honey and Darling are icky. And also because the games are really hard.
J: I think they're pretty easy, actually. Easier than the other ones in your list so far.
B: Really? Wow. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you say that.
J: Um, okay.
B: What's your secret for these?
J: There's no secret. You just have to time things correctly. I'll even miss the target a few times, but I can still get a perfect score with lots of time remaining.
B: I've heard that there's some sort of trick where you can hit Honey and Darling in order to pause the timer. I've tried that, but it still doesn't help.
J: I'll hit them for fun once in a while, but you don't even need to do that. Seriously, I'm not sure why this one is even on your list.
B: I guess you've never seen me play this one. I'm terrible at it.
J: You probably just need more practice.
B: You're probably right. Anyway, on another subject, did I tell you that Book Two is coming along very nicely, and that it should be out later this year?
J: Book Two of what?
B: Oops, that's all the time we have for today. See you all next time for #6!
J: I noticed that we've been saying the word "time" a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment