Thursday, January 29, 2015

Book Two Status Update: The Journey's End Draws Near

Sometimes, writing a novel is like an epic adventure that mirrors the one your characters are experiencing. You start off at the beginning, all fresh and wide-eyed.
Then, you head out on the journey and encounter all sorts of obstacles and challenges along the way.
 
Eventually, you may even arrive at a point of false victory where you think you've reached your goal, but in reality, you've got a long, long way to go.
But then, after enough perseverance, you finally get to where you can see the dragon's lair a short distance away, and you know that this is it - the end game is near.
That's where I'm at with Book Two. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I feel confident that it can be launched this year, and I'm sticking to that story. Why, you ask? Because unlike the previous time that I finished a first draft, I've read this particular version over again a couple of times now and I absolutely love it, even in its raw state. As you can see from this post, I wasn't too thrilled about the previous version, and the rewriting grinder couldn't save it, no matter how hard I tried.

But now, after a few more minor tweaks, I'll be able to send this draft off to my editor and beta readers. So, needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment