Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ted Forth And I Would Probably Be Good Friends

Last week, as I was lying in bed and contemplating a New Year's Day blog post, I thought, "hey, why don't I write a list of things that I'm looking forward to in 2015?" After all, I had known for a while that there were about six particular things that I was excited about (as you know, the new Star Wars movie is one of them), and what better way to write a quick and easy post ring in the new year than to consolidate them into a fun little list? So, I scribbled a note to myself with my six things, and went back to sleep.

Then, as I was reading the comics page this past Monday, my eyes scrolled up to the strip Sally Forth, and I saw this: "6 Reasons Ted Forth is Looking Forward to 2015." And guess what his first reason was? Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
I thought, "hey, that was on my list!" But I figured, okay, I know that the character of Ted Forth is into geek culture and all, and a lot of people are looking forward to the new Star Wars film, so it's a pretty generic thing to say when you're writing a list of reasons for a character like Ted. What are the odds that more of his reasons will be the same as mine?

On Tuesday, I breathed a sigh of relief, as his second reason was "A Glimpse Into 2025." Now, I'll admit to thinking about the future in a similar fashion, but that wasn't one of my six things for 2015, so I thought, okay, yeah, my blog post is still a go.

Then yesterday, I saw this: "3. Avengers: Age of Ultron." This was also on my list! Yes, the Avengers movies are quite popular, but they're not quite on the same ubiquitous level as Star Wars, so I started to get a little nervous. Will I have to come up with an entirely different subject for my blog post? But I figured, nah, I know what my other four reasons are, and there's no way any more of them will match. Right?
Then came today. And guess what the fourth reason was? "4. Ted Finally Finishes His Novel." I was like, whoa! Because one of my other things is that I now fully expect to get Book Two out this year. Yes, I said it. Now, granted, this is probably Ted's first novel, whereas I already completed my first, but still, he apparently will write 600 pages worth of stuff, which is about the same size as my first two books combined. Freaky...

Anyway, I'm guessing that neither of his last two reasons will match any of my other things, which are: the new Xenoblade game, the new Zelda game, and making preparations to record Second Player Score's next album. If they do, though, I'm gonna totally trip out. We shall see.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment