Thursday, March 17, 2022

Volumes Six And Seven Status Updates

In this post from January 13, I said that I had received the developmental edit of Joel Suzuki, Volume Six back from my editor, and also that Volume Seven was up to 5268 words (that's kind of an oddly specific word count, not sure what I was thinking).
Well, today, I'm happy to say that Volume Six is now ready for a line edit, which will be done by a new editor* and be finished by the end of April! Also, Volume Seven - which had made it all the way up to 14,000 words before I had to do my usual backing-up-and-starting-over process** - is now up to 16,000 words and has a pretty solid outline on top of that.

So, if all goes according to plan, we can expect Volume Six to launch before the end of the year, which would be ahead of schedule***. Fingers crossed, and stay tuned for more updates!

* My other editor, Susan DeFreitas, is still the developmental editor for the series, but she's gotten so busy and successful - rightly so! - with her other projects that she no longer does line edits

** Because sometimes you have to actually write the thing before you realize that the thing you wrote is not the thing you wanted to write

*** I've been on an every-other-year schedule, with Volume One launching in 2012/2013, Volume Two in 2015, Volume Three in 2017, Volume Four in 2019 - um, I mean, 2018, I was ahead of schedule back then as well - Volume Five in 2021 (January!), and now, hopefully, 2022 instead of 2023 for Volume Six.

No comments:

Post a Comment