Thursday, March 31, 2022

What's For Lunch

If you've been reading this blog for a while, then you're no stranger to my food-related posts, among them being things like Eating On A Budget and various Spam or Spam-adjacent recipes. This week, I figured I'd document what I've settled into as a pretty steady lunch (chuushoku or ohirugohan in Japanese) routine:
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Spinach salad w/fat-free vinaigrette dressing
- Broccoli florets and baby carrots w/Sriracha ranch dip
- Oven-roasted turkey slices (3) w/pepper jack cheese on wheat; light mayo, hot mustard, black pepper, and turmeric
- Salt & vinegar chips
- Lemon seltzer
- Green tea (afterwards)
Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Spinach salad w/fat-free vinaigrette dressing
- Broccoli florets and baby carrots w/Sriracha ranch dip
- Chunk light tuna (in water, unflavored, 6 oz. pouch) on white rice, seasoned with turmeric
- Side of kim chi, spicy
- Lemon seltzer
- Green tea (afterwards)

This has been going on for a while now, and I'm not sure when it'll change. Previously, I used to eat frozen entrees every day, but that didn't seem healthy or cost-effective after a while, so I switched to the turkey sandwiches and then added in the tuna-on-rice after that. I know you may or may not care about my dietary habits, but since this blog is really just a public online diary, I thought it might be fun - for me, anyway - to capture this moment in time so that one day I can look back and see what I was having for lunch at this stage in my life. If you got this far, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment