Thursday, March 10, 2022

So This Happened On Tuesday

When I wrote this Post That Is Sort Of About Football last month, I thought it would be the last one of its kind at least until the start of next season. Or maybe even for several more years after that, given my track record.

But then some stuff happened this week.
The funny thing about last month's post is that at the time, I was convinced that the Packers were going to trade Aaron Rodgers, and I suggested that several teams, the Broncos included, should try to acquire him.

As it turned out, Rodgers signed an extension with the Packers and instead, SOMEONE ELSE was traded to the Broncos, an occurrence that I (and many others, apparently) was not expecting in the least.*

I'm not going to say a whole lot else about it, as this isn't a sports blog and you can find tons of insight and analysis elsewhere**. I do think the trade makes logical sense, but in situations like these it's sometimes hard to separate logic from emotion.

So anyway, thanks for a fun decade of football, Russell Wilson. Among me and the guys in my band, your name became a verb meaning "to mount a great comeback," as in "Let's see them Russell Wilson their way out of this one!" Also, you were name-checked in Volume Five of the Joel Suzuki series, which is always a great honor. Best of luck in Denver.

* I also predicted that the Bengals would win the Super Bowl, so, yeah

** I will say this: maybe try to trade for Jordan Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment